HPV- induced local epithelial hyperplasia.
Caused by HPV-B and HPV-32
SEX- no gender prediliction
SITE- labial, lingual, buccal mucosa.
- Papular in nature
- broad based
- same colour as skin-pale/white.
- 0.3-1 cm, discrete ,well demarcated plaques
- smooth surfaced/flat topped are commonly seen.
- they cluster closely together that they give COBBLE STONE/FISSURED APPEARANCE.
- ACANTHOSIS of oral epithelium.
- RETE RIDGE FORMATION
- but are indented, confluent and club-shaped
- MITOSOID CELL
- Result from viral alteration of the cells.
- PAPPILARY PROJECTIONS.
- Conservative excisional biopsy.
- Spontaneous regression is observed.