- Prodromal Symptoms- nausea, vomitting, abd. Pain, headache, fatigue, malaise
- Icteric Phase- patients notice dark urine and yellowish discolouration of skin and eyes.
- Recovery Phase- improvement of general symptoms and diminution of jaundice
- Signs- sclera yellow, scratch marks due to pruritus, tender hepatomegaly, splenomegaly and lymphadenopathy
- Physical activity restricted
- High calorie diet intake. Good protein intake
- Drugs which are hepatotoxic to be avoided.
- Alcohol stopped
- Bile sequestering agents for pruritus
Reference- a.k. tripathi for medicine