13 year old patient presents complaining of the appearance of his teeth, in terms of UR1.
The problem list:
• Discoloured, ankylosed UR1
• Mild skeletal class III pattern
• Increased vertical proportions
• Mild crowding in the upper and lower arches
• Evidence of dento-alveolar compensation in the lower arch, with a retroclined lower labial segment
What is the long-term prognosis for the UR1? How will this affect the management of this patient’s malocclusion? What changes in the patient’s malocclusion may occur with future growth? Whilst monitoring the patient’s developing malocclusion, how would you manage the ankylosed tooth?