It can be simpliflied into 3 popularly known as JACKSON’S TRIAD
The orthodontist should try to fulfill this Jackson’s triad by his/her treatment.
FUNCTIONAL EFFICIENCY : Firstly the orthodontist must try to improve the function of the oro-facial apparatus .
Many malocclusions affect the function of the stomatognathic system
STRUCTURAL BALANCE : The oro-facial region has 3 systems .
Stable best orthodontic treatment is achieved by maintaining balance between the 3 given below :
- Dento-alveolar system
- Skeletal tissue
- Soft tissue including musculature .
AESTHETIC HARMONY :
- Most common reason to turn to orthodontist is to improve the appearance of the teeth and face.
- Aesthetics affect individual’s self confidence .
- Affects success in society .
- Indispensable part of orthodontic treatment .
Article Reference taken from S.I.BHALAJHI , 7th Edition