Lumineers : also called Da Vinci veneers, emprethin, empress veneers are thin porcelain material, custom made for the patient and applied with a permanent bonding agent to the tooth.
Main difference between conventional veneers and Lumineers is very thin thickness of Lumineers, like ultra thin and material of construction which is called cerinate porcelain which is very strong one and much thinner than the traditional veneers. Their thickness is comparable to contact lenses.
- Conservation of tooth structure as very little enamel is removed
- Elimination of post operative sensitivity
- Ease of impression
- Bonding to enamel
- Longer lasting restoration due to enamel bonding
- Higher level of acceptance by patients
- Easy to clean and maintain
- Bulky apperance
- Periodontal problems due to over contouring of the veneers
- Difficult to mask severe staining and discoloration with thin veneers.
- Teeth width being restored cannot be altered significantly.
- Minor color changes
- Masking mild to moderate tooth discoloration. Eg: enamel hypoplasia, enamel hypocalcification, tetracycline staining, teeth with enamel malformations
- Closing diastemas
- Restoring chipped or cracked teeth
- Reshaping peg shaped and undersized teeth
- Correcting minor misalignments and rotations of anterior teeth
- Worn and adolescent dentition
- Severe discolorations or darkly stained teeth
- Protruding teeth or crowding that will require some reduction to achieve better esthetics
- If teeth are significantly broken down or compromised
- Large class IV defects
Lumineers need no tooth structure removal, thus bonded directly on the tooth surface (minimally invasive technique). Lumineers bind directly to the surface tooth making it a conservative cosmetic approach. They are very durable, 10 years or longer with good oral hygiene.
Tooth jwellery : it is an adornment that is set on the labial aspect of the teeth. A little diamond or precious metal appeal can be bonded to a tooth and it can either be there temporarily or can be kept going as long as one needs it.
A tooth jwellery applied on a natural tooth will absolutely continue to remain for 6 months upto a couple of years. These are just 0.4 mm or 0.9 mm thick and 1.8 mm to 3 mm wide, hence patient gets used to this new addition in a couple of days after the application. The presence of jewel won’t have any effect on routine dental cleanliness and hygiene measures.
Source : topnotchdentalclinic.com