A 72 – year – old Caucasian female presents with a chief complaint of: “ I need new partial dentures and a new crown, so I can chew better. ”
She is partially edentulous in the maxilla and the mandible and has multiple fixed partial dentures.
LEARNING GOALS AND OBJECTIVES
– Sequence treatment of a patient requiring a combination of fixed and removable prostheses.
– Discuss critical design elements for/removable partial dentures.
– Use a surveying instrument.
– Understand parameters for abutment selection for removable partial dentures.
– Recognize and treat common postinsertion